IntroductionThe AWS Discovery Day is a free-of-charge online, instructor-led event that is designed to introduce AWS cloud computing concepts and foundational infrastructure services. This event is particularly relevant for anyone who has recently signed up with AWS, or for those who simply want to grasp the basics of the AWS cloud platform. This event is also useful for anyone who has experience with other cloud platforms.
Time: 13:00 to 17:00 CET
- Define the cloud and how it works
- Explain the benefits of the AWS Cloud
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the cloud
- Compare the different methods of interacting with AWS
- Describe and differentiate between AWS service domains
- Gain a deeper understanding of AWS core services
- Explain the shared responsibility model
- Describe security services with the AWS Cloud
- Identify AWS management services and their use
Business leaders and IT-technical professionals Learners who want to learn about basic cloud concepts, AWS Cloud terminology, and AWS core services.
Module 1: Introduction to the Cloud and AWS
- Benefits of cloud computing
- Cloud computing components
- Cloud computing deployment models
- Who uses AWS?
Module 2: Overview of AWS Services
- AWS core services
- How to access AWS services
Module 3: Security and Compliance Overview
- Overview of security
- Shared responsibility model
- AWS security services
- AWS compliance
Module 4: Introduction to Cloud Management
- Enable stage
- Provision stage
- Operate stage
- AWS management and governance services
About the trainer
Martijn is a cloud consultant at Binx.io, where he specializes in creating solutions using GCP and AWS. He holds most of the relevant technical certifications for both clouds. Martijn has a great passion for IT and likes to work with the latest technologies. He loves to share this passion during training and webinars. Not only is Martijn a guest lecturer at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, he is also an Authorized Instructor for both Amazon Web Services as Google Cloud Platform. One of his training courses is O’Reilly’s GCP Certified Data Engineering Exam Preparation.