IntroductionThe AWS Discovery Day is a free-of-charge online, instructor-led event that is designed to introduce AWS cloud computing concepts and foundational infrastructure services. This event is particularly relevant for anyone who has recently signed up with AWS, or for those who simply want to grasp the basics of the AWS cloud platform. This event is also useful for anyone who has experience with other cloud platforms.
Date: July 5th 2023
Time: 13:00 to 17:00 CET
Format: Online training
- Define the cloud and how it works
- Explain the benefits of the AWS Cloud
- Describe the basic global infrastructure of the cloud
- Compare the different methods of interacting with AWS
- Describe and differentiate between AWS service domains
- Gain a deeper understanding of AWS core services
- Explain the shared responsibility model
- Describe security services with the AWS Cloud
- Identify AWS management services and their use
Business leaders and IT-technical professionals Learners who want to learn about basic cloud concepts, AWS Cloud terminology, and AWS core services.
Benefits of AWS
Module 2 - Overview of AWS Services
Module 3 - Security and Compliance Overview
About the trainer
Joris has been working with the AWS cloud since 2009 and focussing on building event driven architectures. While working with the cloud from (almost) the start he has seen most of the services being launched. Joris strongly believes in automation and infrastructure as code and is open to learn new things and experiment with them, because that is the way to learn and grow.
In his spare time he enjoys running and runs a small micro brewery from his home.